Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter

Denise Hunter "hit another one out of the ball park", with her latest novel Dancing with Fireflies. This is Book #2 in the Chapel Springs Romance Series.  Thomas Nelson was kind enough to send me a free copy to read in exchange for a honest review.  The series continues with the McKinley family of Chapel Springs, Indiana.  Free spirit Jade McKinley has returned home from Chicago broke, unemployed and pregnant. She is hiding secrets and fears that she is keeping to herself.  Mayor Daniel Dawson is her older brother's best friend. Jade has always been "squirt" to him.  A Harvard grad from a well-to-do family is just happy to be living back in Chapel Springs and honorary member of the McKinley family since his home life growing up was non-existent.  He has had more than brotherly feelings towards Jade since high school, and they quickly resurface when she returns home. Is he crazy for wanting to help her find an apartment and a job?  Should he really go to Lamaze classes with her?   Can either of them ever been honest with themselves and each other? 
Oh, how I loved this book!  I couldn't put it down until it was finished!  I felt like I was a member of the McKinley family.  I love Hunter's writing style and believable characters. I had read Book #1 in this series over 8 months ago, but Hunter quickly gets you back into the characters lives right from where the previous book ended.  Now I have to wait until December for Book #3! 

No comments:

Post a Comment